What is Forbearance?
Forbearance is a temporary delay of payments for a set term. At the end of the term, we would explore options available to you for the amounts uncollected. Please note a forbearance is not the forgiveness of debt or a deferment of debt.
For example, let’s say you agree upon a 6-month forbearance plan. You would not make payments for 6 months. After 6 months, we would encourage you to reach out to us to explore what options may be available. We also will be checking in with you throughout the forbearance period. It is important that you stay in contact with us throughout the process and when your hardship has been resolved.
If you qualify for forbearance, we will discuss the following forbearance terms:
- Length of the forbearance period
- Reduced payment amount (if the payment is not suspended)
- Options available after your forbearance
What are the benefits of Forbearance?
- Lower or temporarily suspend your monthly payment-giving you time to improve your financial situation and get back on your feet.
- Stay in your home, explore available options, and avoid foreclosure.
What other options are available to me?
There are many forbearance options depending upon your loan type. However, there are also several other options such as modifications and some deferral options. Please call us today to further explore options available.
Forbearance may be an option if you are:
- Have been affected due to COVID-19*
- Behind on your mortgage payments or on the verge of missing payments
- Experiencing a temporary hardship
*The Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) is a federal program to help households who are behind on their mortgages and other housing-related expenses due to the impacts of COVID-19.
Click to the following link for more information.
What can I do now?
Please, contact us if you have been affected by the national emergency of Covid-19. The best way to reach us is either through your payment portal’s secure messaging system or by calling (888) 845-6535. Based on recommendations from the Federal Housing Administration, all borrowers are urged to continue to make your monthly mortgage payments if you can. Currently, it is also acceptable to make payments partially.Questions? Contact Us Today!